The prostate gland is a small organ close to the size of a walnut placed near the bladder. The prostate gland produces a seminal liquid. Anatomically the prostate glands are more defined in men than in women. Thereby men are the real victims of prostate cancer. The causes of prostate cancer differ from one patient to the other. The following are the reasons that are often believed to the causes of prostate cancer in men:
- The risk of prostate cancer increases in men after they cross the age of 50. So the cancer cells can gradually develop as a result of aging
- The African-Caribbean and African men are more prone to this type of cancer than the men who belong to other ethnicities.
- Prostate cancer can also travel through the genes.
- Obesity can cause prostate cancer
- Too much of calcium consumption can increase the chances of prostate cancer in men. However, research based on how a person’s food habit can cause cancer has only partially come out.
Health Supplements that can fight off prostate cancer:
- Tomatoes are rich in components like Lycopene, which fights against prostate cancer
- Develop the habit of drinking green tea at least twice a day.
- Take food that is rich in Lycopene and Selenium. In fact, fruits that contain lycopene can actually control any type of cancer. Carrots also contain a decent level of lycopene.
- Make sure one of the following forms a part of your everyday meal, sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage.
- As far as fruits are concerned, consume a decent quantum of cranberries, grapes, watermelon and red fruits like pomegranate.
- The best thing about these cancer supplements is that they are available anywhere and doesn’t require a lot of cooking skills. Most of them are good for raw consumption.
Women and Prostate Cancer:
As far as prostate gland is concerned, science is yet to answer one question. Do women have prostate glands? Though a lot of scientific answers are ambiguous, based on the available data, we are giving you a simple conclusion. The female body has something called the Skene’s glands. Some believe that the Skene’s gland is a women’s prostate gland. The prostate gland secretes a seminal liquid, when that’s what Skene’s gland does, the female’s body doesn’t require prostate gland in addition. So the cause and effect of the prostate cancer in women is actually a rare possibility. There are certain cancer types that go based on gender and prostate cancer is one among them. The chances of women getting prostate cancer are very slim. Research says that only about 0.003% of women get cancer in the genital-urinary tract and associated organs. So as far as prostate cancer is concerned, women can stay calm.